Bright Futures Cookie Recipe
Due to the overwhelming feedback from the cookies we made for "A Bright Futures Affair", we have decided to post the recipe here. We would like to thank everyone who came to the event and supported the Green Tree School & Services. The students in the culinary program worked hard making over 1000 cookies to make sure each and every guest had some to take home. The Green Tree School & Services students and staff were also involved in the big operation to bag and tag all of the cookies. We hope everyone enjoyed a little sweet treat when they got home. For the cookies, we took one of our favorite recipes and put our own spin on it...
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving size: 42 Cookies
- 1 cups butter
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)
- In large bowl cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Combine the baking soda, salt and flour. Stir into cream mixture.
- Add oatmeal and chocolate chips and stir until well blended.
- Drop cookies onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.