Our Vision for the Future
To ensure that Green Tree will remain a safe haven for its current and future students and families for the next half-century, the staff and Board of Trustees carefully reviewed data and determined that a new school building must provide the most programmatic and fiscally sound solution.
Because special needs students require specialized environments, this new building will include:
- Classrooms, Learning and Vocational Skills centers and Sensory Rooms, utilizing interactive equipment to stimulate the students’ senses.
- Support areas, including a library, art studio, music studio, movement spaces, industrial and culinary arts rooms, a gymnasium and a stage.
- Specially designed kitchens and bathrooms to develop and reinforce life skills training.
- Safe areas, including Safe Time-Out spaces, Quiet Rooms, Single-Student rooms, Secure Rooms and De-escalation and Therapy rooms. These will help keep both students and staff safe before, during and after any emotional outbursts.
- Centralized facilities, including a therapy suite, rooms for teacher resources, a food service lunchroom and an administrative suite.
- Sufficient, secure outdoor space to include parking, play yards and fields and easy access to the current student transportation system.
The project plan will be funded by a combination of equity, taxable and/or tax-free debt, public and private funding and the proceeds from the sale of current properties. The estimated project cost is approximately $12 million, with $5 million needed from donations by individuals, foundations, organizations and corporations who support our vision of a brighter future for our children.
For more information, please contact the development office at email@example.com, or 215.866.0200.